Thursday, January 2, 2014

Currently loving

Here are some things that I am loving these days...

To read:  Little Women - I've never read it! It's a classic, but I never got around to it before. It's sweet and charming.


To sooth:  Aveeno unscented hand lotion - in travel size. Lara introduced me to this, and it works like nothing else I've tried! With cold winters, and dry air, having this lotion on hand is perfect. I tend to be sensitive to smells, so unscented is also great.

To wear:  Macy's brown boots - I can be so picky when it comes to shoes. These were a great find though! (Macy's has a lot of cute boots right now...on sale!) These have already taken me to many places.


To sip:  This green tea. Caleb and Haley gave me some for Christmas, and I have been drinking it every day since. It's calming and refreshing every morning.


To accessorize (and remember):  Landminedesign jewelry. Read their story. It's so redemptive. Their designs are stunning as well! One thing I love is that what they make comes from something "ordinary", and yet they make it beautiful. Added bonus: The bracelets are comfortable and smooth - they aren't scratchy or irritating at all! Just lovely.


To eat:  Clementines. It's winter? Time for a couple of those beauties every day. Delicious AND nutritious.


To watch:  The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. We saw this in the theaters the other day, and all LOVED it. I agree with Caleb -- it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Clever, adventurous, original, beautiful and unexpected.


To write and to think:  EcoEverywhere journals. I love their designs. When I look at those journals, they make me dream - of being in a far-off land, or of going on adventures. They make me want to be creative, and to write whatever I need to process through. They are simple on the inside, but I like that.


To listen:  Silence. No really. I can't get enough of the peacefulness of a quiet home, and the break from the bustle of the city.

4 comments:

Autumn Duke said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so glad to hear that you liked The Secret Life of Walter Mitty! The husband and I are going to try and see a movie this weekend and I've been wondering how that one is because I found the previews really intriguing. Now I'm feeling excited to see it :) I'm also loving clementines right now! I think I may have to eat one now. Ha, thanks :)

sayslisa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that you're reading Little Women. It's such a great one. I'm surprised you haven't read it before! I also appreciate that you shared the lotion you like. I'm in the market for some good hand lotion, and I'm a big fan of the Aveeno body lotion with sun screen, so I think I'll give their hand lotion a try. And Yay for green tea! I wish I could sip some with you right now!

sayslisa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
sayslisa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.